Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto turn on, Pioneer GM-D1004 amp in 2021 SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've added an OEM subwoofer to my SR+ and used an EV Offer harness with the subwoofer output. According to EV Offer, this just taps both the front L & R door woofers. The amp I've chosen to use is the Pioneer GM-D1004 since it's power ouput perfectly matches the OEM sub, and it has auto sensing on the high level speaker input, so it doesn't need a remote switching wire.

It's all hooked up and working nicely, with one exception. It doesn't turn off when the sound stops, like it should with no signal on the speaker wires. Rather, it will only turn off when the car is asleep or powered off. I've checked the high level lines with no audio playing with a DMM and there appears to be 8mA on them unless the car is completely powered off. This is clearly enough voltage to tell the amp to stay on. I know I can go down the route of finding the switched wire up the front and run a specific remote wire to the amp but that kind of defeats part of the reason for me buying it. I'm just a bit frustrated as to why there would even be voltage on the speaker lines with no audio.

I have read a couple of other similar setups that used an Alpine KTP-445U amp which has basically the same specs, yet the auto sensing on the high level lines seems to work for these guys. I'm wondering if the Pioneer is more sensitive on the input, or if it's just something different with my car.

If you want a solid solution, you can tap into a simple to access wire behind the centre console rear vents. I have it hooked up for my amp and lc2i and it turns off when you close the door and locks and turns on when you open the door, so it wont be draining battery for 15 minutes until the car turns off. Lmk if u want pics

Reactions: Mbaku
If you want a solid solution, you can tap into a simple to access wire behind the centre console rear vents. I have it hooked up for my amp and lc2i and it turns off when you close the door and locks and turns on when you open the door, so it wont be draining battery for 15 minutes until the car turns off. Lmk if u want pics
I had read somewhere about using the cigarette lighter feed. This is different to what you're referring to though I'm assuming? I would be interested to see pics. Yours is a '21 SR+?

I had read somewhere about using the cigarette lighter feed. This is different to what you're referring to though I'm assuming? I would be interested to see pics. Yours is a '21 SR+?
Thats a different wire. The one behind the HVAC vents is for the light inside of the center console armrest. It works in conjunction with the seat sensor. Installed an amp and subs over the weekend It was my understanding its not powerful enough to power accessories by itself, so i used it with a relay. Maybe Delarocky had different results though?