Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot $3000 :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see. Help me out here then please.

Model 3 autopilot

Is this the Autopilot or something more? I paid $3k for this. I took these screenshots from my car right now.

I can only conclude your car currently has the full suite (including FSD) activated at the moment. I'm not able to tell from that what you actually purchased and should have.

Could be on on the 60 day trial (top of first pic is cut off) as I am, or more likely since you purchased AP for $3K is you have the "wrong" software as @willow_hiller said.

I think the simplest way to confirm is go to your tesla.com account > Manage > View Details > Options. Does it say "Autopilot" or "Enhanced Autopilot"? You can also check your purchase agreement. Both of those should match.

Reactions: VQTRVA
I can only conclude your car currently has the full suite (including FSD) activated at the moment. I'm not able to tell from that what you actually purchased and should have.

Could be on on the 60 day trial (top of first pic is cut off) as I am, or more likely since you purchased AP for $3K is you have the "wrong" software as @willow_hiller said.

I think the simplest way to confirm is go to your tesla.com account > Manage > View Details > Options. Does it say "Autopilot" or "Enhanced Autopilot"? You can also check your purchase agreement. Both of those should match.

I definitely don’t have the full FSD because I did not opt for the $5k package. And I do see “Autopilot” in my online account.

But, when I actually paid for the car, I was assured that I’ll be getting “EAP” which would include TACC, AEB, NOAP, and Summon for the $3k package and it’s the only reason I bought into that.

Confused? Yes I am. Needless to say that I’ll be quite furious if they remove it! Lol.

Not on any trial. I don’t see trial anywhere at least. Should it explicitly say if I’m in some sort of a trial?

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7
And I do see “Autopilot” in my online account.
Ok this is what it should say for the $3k you paid.
But, when I actually paid for the car, I was assured that I’ll be getting “EAP” which would include TACC, AEB, NOAP, and Summon for the $3k package and it’s the only reason I bought into that.
Unfortunately this person was either misinformed or confused the terms. Either way I can definitely understand why you'd be upset after being told EAP! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

You'll definitely keep TACC and lane guidance (which IMO are by far the most valuable anyway). Every Tesla has AEB standard. NoA, auto lane change, and summon are the things that will likely be removed. It's possible you could get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it.

Not on any trial. I don’t see trial anywhere at least. Should it explicitly say if I’m in some sort of a trial?

Yes it would say it at the top of the Autopilot setting on the first pic you posted, I just couldn't recall the exact placement of the text. Now that you confirmed you have AP, we can conclude it isn't a trial because only non-AP cars have been getting the trial until yesterday. They just started sending out FSD-only trials for the AP cars.

• Informative
Reactions: youngmcdonald
Ok this is what it should say for the $3k you paid.

Unfortunately this person was either misinformed or confused the terms. Either way I can definitely understand why you'd be upset after being told EAP! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

You'll definitely keep TACC and lane guidance (which IMO are by far the most valuable anyway). Every Tesla has AEB standard. NoA, auto lane change, and summon are the things that will likely be removed. It's possible you could get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it.

Yes it would say it at the top of the Autopilot setting on the first pic you posted, I just couldn't recall the exact placement of the text. Now that you confirmed you have AP, we can conclude it isn't a trial because only non-AP cars have been getting the trial until yesterday. They just started sending out FSD-only trials for the AP cars.

Thank you. I’ll be waiting for the latest firmware 2019.12.x and I’ll know if they’re gone.

Reactions: Scott7