Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side-scraped in a parking lot.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked in a private parking lot for a couple of hours, came back, and noticed side scrapes and paint transfer on the rear driver's side of the car. While there was a car parked beside me, the driver was not there, and I didn't see any scrapes or paint transfer on that car. It must have been from someone before.

Just from the photo attached, is it possible to conclude:A) this was a scrape from another car and not vice versa?B) if so, what angle/position was the other car in when it made contact?

Also, I'm debating whether I should claim this through my insurance or pay out of pocket. I've read that a repainting job can affect the resale value of the car, but I'd also have to pay $1000-3000 (still pending on the estimate) out of my pocket to cover this repair. Thoughts?

IMG_2264.jpg

Get some estimates on your own. Not through the insurance. They can still raise your premium with a $0 claim.

From there decide cost analysis of impact to car record carfax and insurance premium increase. Good thing is this is pretty easy to repair. Other car looks to be white as well.