Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot, Active Safety Features and EDR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I got a response from Musk on Twitter regarding Tesla safety. I still have several questions around the topic and was hoping someone technically knowledgeable on the matter could help me out.
TalkTesla on Twitter

Does anyone know on a more technical level specifically how systems like side collision avoidance function? It appears from videos I'm finding online that the car actively steers to avoid side impact but it's unclear exactly how these systems function and when they are activated.

Same for 'blackbox' event data recorder (EDR) data, I'm trying to better understand what data the system stores and when it is stored. Does anyone have an export of this data available or can anyone better explain the specific data one would find in the system?

Any other information or resources where I could get a better technical understanding of the safety features in the vehicles would be helpful. Specifically I'm looking for details on the system's decision making process. What rules exist to decide when these systems engage, what sensors are used in the different conditions, etc.