Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot / Active Safety features unavailable. Camera alignment required.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have gotten this message three times in the last month. Twice right after supercharging, once after the car had been sitting undriven for a few weeks. The entire message is" Autopilot / Active Safety features unavailable. Camera alignment required. Schedule service."
What I have found is that if I drive for about 20 minutes and then park and walk away for another 15 minutes, when I get back to the car there is a better than average chance the message will be gone and autopilot (self-steer) will be working just fine. I had a hunch this would work. I am pretty sure when you park and walk away it does a sort of reset which is a bit deeper than just two thumb wheels (which does nothing for this.). So it is kind of a pain and tends to cost me up to 30 minutes on a 250 mile drive. The car is a 2023 Model Y with basic AP. Before this I drove a 2018 model 3. After 5 years, I am pretty dependent on self-steering to reduce the stress of driving 250 miles so I am not thrilled about this intermittent problem.
I have scheduled an appointment, but in my messaging with the service center the person there basically said that:
a) I have to bring it in to the service center, they won't come to my house for this,
b) If the message isn't showing when at the time of my appointment, they won't be able to do anything.
So these things together are pretty discouraging and suggest that bringing it in for service might be a waste of time.

Does anybody have any ideas or relevant experience? Is this likely to be a real physical misalignment that might be correctable, or is it chronic issue that is hard to pin down?