Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot braking on 36.2.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've been on 36.2.2 for about a week now, and I think I have noticed an issue with AP that was not present in 36.2.1. In heavy traffic I keep AP and set to 1, but it leaves too big of a gap between me and the car in front of me. So I will press the accelerator just slightly to close the gap some(yes, I do get the autopilot will not brake message). In 36.2.1 and earlier, when I let off the accelerator, the car would come to a stop gently. Now it really slams on the breaks, not quite a full on panic stop, but aggravating to those behind. I'm actually slightly worried it might result in a rear end collision. When I take my foot off the accelerator I'm only going like 3 to 5 mph, with about 1.5 car lengths of space in front.

My 2017 Model S has always been very harsh when I try to use the accelerator to sneak up closer to the car in front of me while leaving TACC/AutoSteer engaged. Brake booster chatter, abrupt stop, etc.

I just let it be now. Be happy with the slight extra gap in case someone slams into the back of me while reading their phone.