Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for Model S still $3,000 add on??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read a couple of articles that said that Autopilot was STANDARD across all models....not true per Tesla website. It is still a $3,000 add on for Model S.

I was thinking about buying a new Model S 100D, but am going to wait because of the crazy and inconsistencies in pricing. Tesla NEEDS some consistency. Especially when making a big purchase. Maybe the biggest purchase of their lives!!! It can cost more than a house!!

I'm not sure the pricing will stop changing if anything the price will go up, especially FSD full self driving. Autopilot is still an option. I think you might have got confused with model 3 where they are bundling autopilot with a higher base cost. I've dropped you a PM.

I'm not sure the pricing will stop changing if anything the price will go up, especially FSD full self driving. Autopilot is still an option. I think you might have got confused with model 3 where they are bundling autopilot with a higher base cost. I've dropped you a PM.
randy206 isn’t confused. Tesla posted a statement on the company blog on April 11 — and it is still there — that “all Tesla vehicles” would have AP bundled as a standard feature. Not surprisingly, even Tesla gets confused at times by the constantly changing policies.

Having two Teslas I have gotten to know several of the SC staff. When I ask them about a Tweet or Blog post I usually just get a rolling eyes response. BTW, they seem to be very positive about their jobs and the product, but probably get tired of trying to explain the unexplainable.:)

Last edited:
randy206 isn’t confused. Tesla posted a statement on the company blog on April 11 — and it is still there — that “all Tesla vehicles” would have AP bundled as a standard feature. Not surprisingly, even Tesla gets confused at times by the constantly changing policies.

Having two Teslas I have gotten to know several of the SC staff. When I ask them about a Tweet or Blog post I usually just get a rolling eyes response. BTW, they seem to be very positive about their jobs and the product, but probably get tired of trying to explain the unexplainable.:)

Thank you!! I didn't think I was crazy. Who is in charge of these issues at Tesla...seems like an upper executive should be aware of these (Elon), what seem to be minor issues to them, but major to consumers. Or maybe it is a marketing ploy to make it look less expensive up front

Thank you!! I didn't think I was crazy. Who is in charge of these issues at Tesla...seems like an upper executive should be aware of these (Elon), what seem to be minor issues to them, but major to consumers. Or maybe it is a marketing ploy to make it look less expensive up front
Perhaps the bundling will happen for Model S eventually but it does seem odd that it happened immediately for Model 3 only. Don’t expect anyone at the local SC or not-a-dealership to know the answer, which is why I mentioned my past experience asking them to explain tweets and blog posts.