Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot is better than you think!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

I made a video explaining some of the most impressive details that most people probably missed from an Autopilot demo video that Tesla released back in February. Autopilot is the real deal, this really amazed me.

Just thought I’d leave it here for anyone interested. Let me know if there’s anything I didn’t catch!

Your video is informative. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: WesB
Thanks for that video. Very interesting! I rarely use Autopilot as I find it annoying and dangerous. Perhaps it has improved and I should give it another go. On a related issue, every time they issue a download, my Adaptive Cruise Control drives more and more like an old lady. Some months ago it started slowing down on a particular modest hill. Now it slows down on many local hills and gentle turns. A couple of months ago, it started throwing a warning (sorry, I can’t remember the exact wording) about it making emergency steering adjustments and I can feel an almost imperceptible movement by the steering wheel. It is almost always on the same road near my house that I drive multiple times a day when there is nothing of an emergency situation happening. Weird.

It should probably be noted that a lot of what we in that video is not actually implemented yet in terms of driving behavior. The video is just showing us what the camera vision is capable of seeing. Tesla is working to make the camera vision more reliable before they can actually release features based off of what the camera vision can see.