TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AutoX Professor X Business Insider

Discussion in 'Autonomous Vehicles' started by gimmi80, Mar 18, 2017.

1. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

Has anyone read the article on Business Insider about AutoX. An AI self driving company that just came out of stealth-mode.
    Their self driving technology seems pretty interesting and is based only on cameras.

Here is a link to the business insider article.

2. McRat

McRat Active Member

Poor name choice. It is currently in use for low speed closed circuit time trial competition as an abbreviation for Autocross, also known as Solo II.

Which indicates nobody on their staff knows much about cars since it's the #2 participant auto sport after drag racing.

If would be like opening up a winery and referring to the cork as the plug. Folk will question exactly how much you really know.

Vision-only also has an issue. It cannot penetrate fog and can be blinded by intense light.

But I'm sure they've driven in the fog, rain, and into the setting sun before on their way to an AutoX event.

3. Kanting

Kanting Member

Bollinger and Miller!

4. Routybouty

Routybouty Member

I only clicked on this thread because I thought a Professor was AutoX'ing an X...moving along...

5. GregTexas

GregTexas Member

Looks pretty good.