Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AV Aerovironment ev charger - Charging Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Won't charge and getting an error the moment I connect my AV Aerovironment with the given j1772 adapter. Called Tesla support and they are saying some compatibility issue. This one was working a few weeks back when I had my Nissan Leaf.

Any recommendation?

Won't charge and getting an error the moment I connect my AV Aerovironment with the given j1772 adapter. Called Tesla support and they are saying some compatibility issue. This one was working a few weeks back when I had my Nissan Leaf.

Any recommendation?

I just used an Aerovironment charger last week with the adapter. It was part of the west coast electric highway stations in Oregon. Worked perfectly. But it may be a different model unit than the one you are trying or it could have different firmware.

I have not heard of issues with these on the forums, but the Siemens Versacharge has been a common source of issues (so maybe your problem is similar). Stations working with old EV’s but not with the Model 3...

Any in one in west San Jose who wouldn’t mind swinging by to test whether they are able to charge using my home charger? Just to rule out it’s not my car. Do t wanna drop another 700$ for a charger.

Will offer you nice chilled beer while testing :)

Any in one in west San Jose who wouldn’t mind swinging by to test whether they are able to charge using my home charger? Just to rule out it’s not my car. Do t wanna drop another 700$ for a charger.

Before subjecting someone else's car to a faulty charger, did you try yours on another J-1772 charger?

A new unit won't cost you $700. You can either get a wall connector ($500) and write it ti the same circuit or put a 6-50 outlet on that circuit and use the mobile connector.