Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone noticed the free charging in parking lots stopping your charging right away?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed new parking lot chargers were installed at my gym so I plugged in. It started charging for a few moments then stopped. I'm wondering if it sensed I had 211 miles so doesn't help those that don't really need a charge? Maybe they're just not working correctly yet. I had to use the adapter that Tesla gives us so maybe that's the issue?

A J1772 EVSE can't tell how full your car is. I would assume there is something wrong with them, either an electrical problem, or they are not actually ready for use as suggested above. Are you sure they are intended to be free and public? It's also possible that you have to have an account or be an employee, although I find it odd that it would actually start charging, then stop.

A J1772 EVSE can't tell how full your car is. I would assume there is something wrong with them, either an electrical problem, or they are not actually ready for use as suggested above. Are you sure they are intended to be free and public? It's also possible that you have to have an account or be an employee, although I find it odd that it would actually start charging, then stop.
I asked the people at the workers at the gym but I'm sure they don't actually know. It's probably not working yet since they just got installed. I don't see machine to put info into to pay or anything on the wall charger to run a card through.