Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back up camera guide lines shifted to the right of reality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The guide lines from the rear back up camera on my M3 are shifted to the right of where the tires actually are. In the first picture, you can see where the lines are exactly on top of the blue tape on the floor of the garage:
View media item 119112
In this photo, you can see that in reality, where the blue tape and hence the backup guide lines actually line up with respect to the vehicle's position:
View media item 119111View media item 119110
It seems like it's a calibration issue or a software issue. Anyone else have the same problem?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
How do I change album permissions? I don't see anywhere to do that under the album.

How do I edit my original post? I don't see an edit button option anymore. Does it disappear after a while? I do see an edit option for this post right here - this is the second edit that i'm typing right now.

Try posting your photos a different way. I don’t use the TMC “album” function so can’t advise you about that. I read TMC on my iPad so my interface may be different than what you see.
How do I change album permissions? I don't see anywhere to do that under the album.

How do I edit my original post? I don't see an edit button option anymore. Does it disappear after a while? I do see an edit option for this post right here - this is the second edit that i'm typing right now.

Let's try this again:
Image showing backup lines on top of blue painter's tape:
et70uq.jpg

Images of the where the tires actually end up:
3013q82.jpg

15hwee.jpg

If you think about it, the rear camera mounting needs to be spot on and not subject to any left-to-right angulation. I know that I had this issue with my old 2013 S85. I have not studied how the rear camera on my P3D+ is mounted. Maybe the mounting screws can be loosened and the camera tweaked a bit.