Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

bad cabin temp sensor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have notice the cabin temperature would raise to sync up to the temperature setting but the cabin is no where near that temperature. example, outside temperature is 18c, i set the cabin temperature to 27c and monitoring the tesla app the cabin temperature would slowly raise up to 27c but the vent still blowing cold air.

Nothing is blocking the temperature sensor opening, so can it be a bad temp sensor?

In my M3 it takes about seventeen minutes for the temperature sensor to accurately display the outside temp after leaving my garage each morning. So, if the temp is quite warm in my garage, but it is cool outside, I wonder if this adversely affects the temp setting.

So I took off the Cabin sensor and found something odd, how is the app able to report interior temp when I unplugged it? App is reporting 20c and the obd2 app reporting 86.5c when unplugged. Even the exterior is 26c on app and 27c on obd2 app.

hvac1.jpg

Plugged back in the cabin sensor and the obd2 app read 21c which is correct since I blasted the ac on LO for awhile but after setting the temp to 27c, you can see the tesla app interior temp raise to 25c quickly and the air from the vent is warm vs hot which you would expect since the cabin temp is only 21c as per the sensor.
Looks like to me there must be another sensor that controlling the HVAC?

hvac2.jpg