Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Basic Financing question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got my pre-approval from my credit union. They are asking for a copy of the signed sales contract and window sticker. Now how do I go about getting that prior to delivery? Does Tesla need both checks on delivery day or just my personal check to cover the remainder followed by the credit union check later once I've got them all the details?

I know on past cars you usually get 7 days or so to get the check to the dealership.

They'll need the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement to finalize the loan. You should be able to download it from your online account. If it's not there, call your SA; they'll be able to upload it, assuming it's been drafted.

upload_2019-11-20_14-53-24.png

So I'm even more confused now. I now have the "Please pay off remaining balance before delivery". It is asking only for the amount the the Credit Union is not financing. Does Tesla work with the credit union to get the remainder of the cash or do I need to bring 2 checks. One from the CU for the finance and one from my personal account?

Sometimes the credit unions will overnight a check directly to Tesla or wire funds directly. So the website will only show the balance due from you.

However, unless you live in a state that does not allow direct sales of Tesla vehicles, do not prepay for your car. Plan to bring the check with you, and if possible have your credit union overnight the check to you so you can walk it in to the delivery center. Do a thorough pre-purchase inspection first, and then hand over the checks if all looks good.

If you end up rejecting the car but Tesla has the funds from both you and the credit union that becomes a big giant mess, so be very cautious.

• Informative
Reactions: onshi and OverEZPZ