Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery drain in Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I've been going over other threads to get as much info as I can on this but wanted to post fresh to see if any other Floridians can weigh in.

I just got back from a 5 day trip to Toronto (9-14) and left the car sitting with 169 miles of charge. When I got back last night I had 85 miles remaining. Before I left I made sure to remove the USB drive and disable sentry, haven't ever used summon so standby is off, the climate was off and I didn't wake the car at all while I was away.

Has anyone else left their car and had this much drain? Other than cooling the battery every now and then, what else could have led to such a huge drop in charge?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've been going over other threads to get as much info as I can on this but wanted to post fresh to see if any other Floridians can weigh in.

I just got back from a 5 day trip to Toronto (9-14) and left the car sitting with 169 miles of charge. When I got back last night I had 85 miles remaining. Before I left I made sure to remove the USB drive and disable sentry, haven't ever used summon so standby is off, the climate was off and I didn't wake the car at all while I was away.

Has anyone else left their car and had this much drain? Other than cooling the battery every now and then, what else could have led to such a huge drop in charge?

Thanks!

I guess you must have left your car under the sun light, right ?

That comes to more than 15 miles per day lost. May be schedule an appointment through the Tesla app. In the comments, you can request a remote diagnosis and fix as well as steps you can take to reduce the daily loss. I know many people can see a range loss as low as 1 - 2 miles a day, which is much better.

Please post back your findings.