Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery drain question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We left the car for about 10 days, and the battery drained from about 80%-20%...which seems like a lot (mild weather-not cold). I wondered whether Sentry Mode accounted for this drain? Does it use a higher amount of charge? We were around, just not using the car when I noticed it. In the future, plugging in to a regular outlook (level 1) I guess would slow the drain over time.

Thoughts? And thank you!

I wondered whether Sentry Mode accounted for this drain?

Yes, it did.

Sentry mode will use around 15-20 miles per 24 hour period and should never be left on when someone is going to park for an extended period of time without being plugged in, which, ironically, is the one time people always want to use it.

Upvote 0
We left the car for about 10 days, and the battery drained from about 80%-20%...which seems like a lot (mild weather-not cold). I wondered whether Sentry Mode accounted for this drain? Does it use a higher amount of charge? We were around, just not using the car when I noticed it. In the future, plugging in to a regular outlook (level 1) I guess would slow the drain over time.

Thoughts? And thank you!
Likely. When I leave sentry mode active, the battery drains about that quickly. If you were experiencing temperature extremes (say parked in direct sunlight in Phoenix), the car could be conditioning the interior, and that can cause battery drain.

Upvote 0