Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery info 2013 p85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
Anyone know of any issues or advice. Considering this S for my wife.

Attachments

• 20190424_170450.jpg
    20190424_170450.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
What kind of advice are you looking for? Looks like a good deal and the car seems to be in great condition from the pictures!

I'd maybe want to know if there's an extended warranty on the car as that can help a lot if you need to get some things fixed/touched up after you buy it.

What kind of advice are you looking for? Looks like a good deal and the car seems to be in great condition from the pictures!

I'd maybe want to know if there's an extended warranty on the car as that can help a lot if you need to get some things fixed/touched up after you buy it.

If there are any known issues with the battery packs and how to tell if its the original one. Also if the drive unit in p cars make a certain sound.

Recharge speed just wont matter that much. How much is 10 minutes of your life worth, the occasional time you supercharge? What matters more is what the range is when fully charged and 80 or 90%. Probably you will be okay. What is the additional warranty you have?

My s85d 2015 charged to about 265 fully charged.

I have a Sept 2013 P85+. Great car. That said, I got my wife a 85 (non performance). The only concern I would have are the 21" staggered rims. Our San Diego roads suck - 21" were too vulnerable to potholes. I have since moved to 19" cyclones on mine.

I haven't even made an offer on it. They tried to get me to believe they had multiple people interested but why would it still be in there lot after 45 days if that was the case? My biggest concern is the sound that the drive unit makes. My S doesnt make anywhere near the amount that this one does so I'm concerned that I would have to take it to the SC and have them address it and possibly replace it. Not sure If it's really worth the headache or just move on and look for a better one.

That's the original battery - replacements have been D packs.. This is a B pack which went into early 2013 cars.
If it's a high pitched whining noise from the drive unit, that just means this is the original DU and needs to be replaced under warranty - it'll be covered. Ideally, you take it to a service center in advance of purchase and get it all checked out. Even more ideal: you bargain down the price bc of the noise