Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bay Area -

I am looking to possibly do the following work and a point in the right direction would be wonderful.

• Ceramic coating
  • Tints
Obviously, looking for the best quality along with best bang for the buck. I have heard a few people mention OCdetailing. If you recommend a business, it would be helpful to let me know a contact person.

Thanks, Mark

Best quality ($$ being no object): OC Detailing (Joe is the principal/owner).
Best bang for the $$: hard to measure. You just bought an expensive car---what is it worth to you?

Maybe browse his web site and his You Tube videos, like:

I have been using Joe since 2013 when he was a one man business working out of a gas station. And, no, I don't get free stuff, but really think very highly of his work.

How long does he take to do paint protection and ceremic coat? What's your experience?

Well, first, he and his shop are probably booked out at least 2-3 months (...not sure where his list is at now). A full wheels-off paint correction is 1-2 days, then application of cQuartz which is baked on. He has a lift in his shop, and does both sides of the wheels (sheds brake dust). Also he will do the glass with a specific glass product (...way better than Rain X, no chattering wipers or reapplication), and does the interior surfaces. You need to set up a consultation visit to discuss with him how and where you drive, do you garage your car, have kids/pets, etc, etc. I would figure being without your car for 3-4 days. And if you want it wrapped (like Xpel), that is a whole other story. Not fast or cheap....

Best quality ($$ being no object): OC Detailing (Joe is the principal/owner).
Best bang for the $$: hard to measure. You just bought an expensive car---what is it worth to you?

Maybe browse his web site and his You Tube videos, like:

I have been using Joe since 2013 when he was a one man business working out of a gas station. And, no, I don't get free stuff, but really think very highly of his work.
Thank you. I have heard that OCDetailing is the place to go from a number of folks. I will reach out to them.