Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[BC only] ChargeBC - "free" FleetCarma OBD2 device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, are you guys (with C2 device from SmartCharge) still have it plugged in?
I'm not sure if this program is providing any benefits for the car owner at this point. I know I'm contributing to the study, but it seems like there isn't a lot of benefits back to me for whole a lot of data. It might be time to un-plug and leave the program. What do you guys think about the program!?

I still have mine plugged in because it doesn't hurt.

I find the data in the CSV spreadsheet export kind of weird though... If I take a battery capacity of 74kWh, the Starting/Ending SOC %, divide by distance, the Electric Driving Efficiency (Wh/km) value I get is different from theirs. When I work their math backwards, it shows they use a different battery capacity for every row of data!

So, yeah, not getting too much out of it. Some day I'll plug a regular OBD2 adapter in there and see if my Android Torque app can read anything useful about the car....

I still have mine plugged in because it doesn't hurt.

I find the data in the CSV spreadsheet export kind of weird though... If I take a battery capacity of 74kWh, the Starting/Ending SOC %, divide by distance, the Electric Driving Efficiency (Wh/km) value I get is different from theirs. When I work their math backwards, it shows they use a different battery capacity for every row of data!

So, yeah, not getting too much out of it. Some day I'll plug a regular OBD2 adapter in there and see if my Android Torque app can read anything useful about the car....

Can you provide an update if this works? I'm interested in getting the cable, but I'm not sure if a regular ODB2 adapter would work.

Can you provide an update if this works? I'm interested in getting the cable, but I'm not sure if a regular ODB2 adapter would work.

Yes I'm happy to report that the FleetCarma OBD2 adaptor cable works with my generic ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor! I can use the Scan My Tesla Android app to pull all sort of data from my Model 3, just like what Tesla Bjorn has shown on his recent YouTube videos.

I've a STN1110 Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor on order too (similar to Bjorn's).

fyi:

• Love
Reactions: bijan and phtp
Yes I'm happy to report that the FleetCarma OBD2 adaptor cable works with my generic ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor! I can use the Scan My Tesla Android app to pull all sort of data from my Model 3, just like what Tesla Bjorn has shown on his recent YouTube videos.

I've a STN1110 Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor on order too (similar to Bjorn's).

fyi:

Thank You. Much appreciated. Do you happen to have a picture of the adapter? I know it's a bridge but I can't seem to find a close-up picture of the wires and pins. I think it only requires 4 wires to the ODB2 connector.

You're welcome. You mean you want a pic of the female ODB2 adapter/socket on the adapter cable?
I'm still waiting on someone to get back to me regarding the adapter. If I don't hear back, I'm hoping to be able to get something like this pigtail and tap into the wires. I think all I need are the 12v, GND, CAN H and CAN L pins.

obd2 pigtail.JPG