Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC taking the lead in EV charging stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shame on you Ontario, for being an underdog; same goes to that what ya McCall it ...... "Green Party" for being a mute in this department.
icon8.gif

I found this article to be a bit confusing. On one hand there is a ton of detail, especially bureaucratic, but on the other it omits things like where these chademo stations will be located. That goes to understanding their approach. If it's anything close to what happened with a similar program in WA, it's likely to be a waste of effort. They need to look to what Sun Country has done. Even the picture makes it look like they are simply following a "gas station" model. That is doomed to failure. Another reason for my skepticism is that it looks like a grab bag of politically green sounding items - the hydrogen infrastructure point is a big clue. Finally, I think their multi unit program is a good start but needs to be at least an order of magnitude more aggressive. I'd toss the community L2 stuff and use the funds for multi units. Get people charging at home first as that is where 90% of all charging happens.