Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Belarus & Baltics trip - Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are planning to drive from Holland to Minsk and then north through the Baltics.

Does anyone have tips and suggestions on charging networks, passes and other relevant issues ?

Is there someone who has done this and can provide some insight on challenges we might face ?

Looking forward to get some help :)

I traveled from Belgium to Lithuania in the last 2 summers, and also visited Riga, so here's some info that you might find useful.
I have a Model X100D and travel with a family. In the first day we do ~1200 km from Brussels to Kolo (PL) via superchargers (Kamen, Lauenau, Berlin, Poznan). There's a nice hotel Mazurek in Kolo with 3 Tesla DeCs.

Afterwards, it get's a bit trickier. You'll pass Warsaw, which has a brand new supercharger, but it is deep in the city, underground parking level -5, tight entry/exit, only 2 stalls. I used stop at Lidl (50 kw fast charger) or Galeria Polnocna (16 kW DeCs - good if you have more time/ wanna do some shopping ) which are close to the S8 road which goes to Bialystok.

Warsaw - Minsk: I never did this, so can't tell you much. You can go via Bialystok or Brest. On the PL side you'll have to use GreenWay Polska fast chargers - you can download their app and start charging sessions with it, but beware of the price (~0.5 EUR/kWh). Belarus also has many fast chargers, they are state-owned and free, but I don't have experience there.

Lithuania: the fast chargers are on the main roads and some cities, just plug and charge, for free. Vilnius is an exception: there is a big fast charger network there run by IgnitisOn which is not free (0.25 EUR/kWh) and you'll need their app to start sessions.

Latvia: extensive network on the main roads. To use them, you'll need e-mobi app, charging costs 0.15 EUR/min (i.e. 0.20 EUR/kWh if the power is 45 kW). I only charged once in Latvia, at the Akropole shopping center in Riga, where they have 6 free Type 2 chargers.

Estonia: was the first to build the fast charging network in the Baltics. Its particularity is that only Chademo and Type 2 plugs available, but no CCS. You pay 1.5 EUR per 10 min via ELMO app. I have never been in Estonia with my Tesla, so don't know more.

In all these countries best to have Plugshare app as it is mostly used there.

Hope this helps