Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing 20" Uberturbines for 19-inch Rotiform LAS-R Wheels & AeroDiscs on '22 Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there!

I currently have the 20-inch Uberturbines on my 2022 Model 3 Performance. I'm not 100% sure about the weight, but it seems they're around 54.5 lbs each. I'm eyeing a switch to 19x8.5 Rotiform LAS-R wheels, which, from what I can tell, weigh about 28.9 - 30.4 lbs each. Hoping to reduce some unsprung weight and improve range. One of my main concerns is fitment; Tire Rack didn't list these as compatible with the Performance model, which I know has its own specific requirements. Given this, I’d really appreciate your insights and thoughts.

Additionally, I'm planning to install Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Coilovers to not only improve the ride but also to lower the car for more range and better looks. Would love to hear any advice or experiences with this setup!

Has anyone successfully fitted 19-inch Rotiform LAS-R wheels on their Model 3 Performance? Were there any challenges or modifications required?
Noticed any tangible benefits in terms of performance or range improvement after the swap?
I'm considering adding Rotiform AeroDisc covers as well. Do they actually contribute to aerodynamics and efficiency?

Thanks a ton for any help!

Attachments

• 20230604_163250~2.jpg
    20230604_163250~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
You might want to list individual wheel weights rather that combined weights of Wheel/tire. Otherwise you'll always be comparing apples to oranges.

Edit: yuck. Those are heavy fully cast wheels. Thats about the same wheel weight as the UTs.
You'd do much better looking at flow-formed, or if you're a baller, fully forged wheels.
Konig is the easy button for flow formed wheels, but there are others. I'm sure one of the Fully Forged or Nothing Krew will be along shortly to extoll the virtues of high dollar wheels.

Last edited:
Do you know the offset to the 19x8.5 LAS-R? All I can think of is it may need a M3P compatible hub-centric ring for compatilbity.
If you're looking to reduce unsprung weight, this might not the be most ideal choice. They're easily as heavy as OEM Uberturbines.

With that being said, I can advise some lighter weight options for you. Feel free to message me!

Danny- [email protected]

Agree here to swap Ubers out. I chose the older V1 20”‘Perf rims for my 22’ 3LRboost. They are much lighter than the whale Ubers, look beautiful and still get the great handling with low profile rubber :)

Not quite the 19””‘weight but a compromise .

IMG_1284.jpeg
IMG_1852.jpeg