Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bent and banged up new license plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View media item 119041Got home today and noticed my plates had come in the mail.

But there was a stamp all over the envelope noting “received in damaged condition” and my city. Suggesting it was so stamped by a local postal worker.

Plates are bent giving an overall slight warp that I can push out to flat with aome effort, but a couple dinged up bangings in one corner severe enough to have scratched off the paint of the bottom corner of the first number on one plate and left a brown mark behind.

The envelope itself was scratched open.

Wondering if anyone has ever had something like this occur. Should I shrug and accept it or head to my DMV and try to get a replacement? Will they or will they just presume I did this?

I feel like it’s a little “spoiled” of me to object over this, but I also feel like seeing that on the back of my new car is going to drive me nuts... it looks like plates that have been in an accident.

Gonna keep the envelope just in case...

Yeah I’m annoyed but I’ll keep em.

California isn’t messing with voter rolls trying to take away our voting rights so our DMV is just the usual mess. But it’s kinda whatever on demanding something for these.

I did order a special kit for the front plate because I don’t like the idea of using a paint peeler sticker...

Got “The Bandit”

But that’s coming in some weeks I gather.