Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Bay Area Indy shop for pre purchase inspection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My warranty is about to expire and therefore I want to get a third-party to do a thorough inspection of my car. I live in San Francisco but would travel around the bay area to get an inspection from the Best shop. Alternatively if people have had good success with tesla service centers providing the same service before warranty expiration please let me know, thanks

2014 p85dL

I am looking for the same thing. The warranty expired in December of 2022. I am worried about the buzz/whirling sound the motor was marking for the last 60K mi.
I was thinking about getting MBI (mechanical breakdown insurance) from Olive.com but they don't cover pre-existing conditions. So perhaps not do the inspection before getting the insurance coverage.

I am looking for the same thing. The warranty expired in December of 2022. I am worried about the buzz/whirling sound the motor was marking for the last 60K mi.
I was thinking about getting MBI (mechanical breakdown insurance) from Olive.com but they don't cover pre-existing conditions. So perhaps not do the inspection before getting the insurance coverage.
these guys reputable> never heard of them

After some research, I only found Olive.com will cover Tesla in California. Others like Carchex, CarShield, and Endurance either don't operate in California or don't cover electric vehicles. The lowest cost plan is $150/mo and that only covers the drivetrain, no battery coverage. After discussion with the CFO of the family (i.e. spouse), it was decided we just put away some money for the potential out-of-warranty repair. Hope that's the right decision.
Take a look at EV's Republic in Rancho Cordova or Argonaut Garage in Berkeley. Both of their website claim to service Tesla but not sure of their level of expertise or cost compare to Tesla SC.