Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best phone mount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you mount it? On the windshield? Looking for something more OEM looking.
And won’t the magnet disable your wireless charging?
Mounted to back of the screen. no charging when mounted here but there's no effects from the magnet. i prefer the phone at this level. i only put it on the charging mat if i need to.
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: tk1971
So the magnet in your phone case does not prevent the phone from wireless charging?
And is that a sunglasses case too?

The magnet is only on the mount. A plate goes between my phone and case. I put it toward the bottom of the iphone 11 pro (not max) and it doesn't interfere with wireless charging.

The sunglasses thing is 3d printed and snaps onto the mount of the center display, here is a link to the file, Glasses Tray for Tesla Model 3 by TickTock

• Informative
Reactions: tk1971
I just got this mount last Saturday. Like it so far but not sure how it will hold up in the sun while attached to the back of the screen.

Magnetic Car Phone Mount with... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0831B67CN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
That one didn’t work for me,
1. The magnet isn’t strong enough to hold the IPhone XS Max with the Rokform case, I gave it away. The phone would not stay upright. Find something that Grips the phone on each side like with a cradle.

2. I mounted it on the Console, since I gave it away I can’t take a video to show you. Magnet not strong enough and I believe the joints didn’t lock in place. I paid around $13.00 on Amazon. Might hold better behind the screen but the IPhone XS Max with the Rokform case is a much heavier phone.

Fred

Last edited: