Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best tires for 2017 MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the Crossclimates (no 2) in 2019, they're about 30k in and I probably have 1mm left on the tread. I like them, just they get worn so fast. I would guess it's more the weight of the X and the conditions of the roads around here that's a bigger factor in the mileage than the tires themselves.

Tire Rack says I should get the Pirelli Scorpion Weatheractives, Michelin Crossclimate 2s, or Toyo Celsius Sport to replace them with severe snow service rating.

@meomyo Thx. Roughly how many miles did you get? These MICHELIN CROSSCLIMATE2 are rated for 60K miles warranty (although on EVs we may not get anywhere near there)
35k after 2.5 yrs...6 or 7/32 left on tires will likely get new ones in fall...3 peak severe service rating like the cc2 but i am going for the pirelli centuro weather active..99.9% sure to try them in sept/oct-i like the tread design as its similar to cc2 but looks like it would roll better

I got the Crossclimates (no 2) in 2019, they're about 30k in and I probably have 1mm left on the tread. I like them, just they get worn so fast. I would guess it's more the weight of the X and the conditions of the roads around here that's a bigger factor in the mileage than the tires themselves.

Tire Rack says I should get the Pirelli Scorpion Weatheractives, Michelin Crossclimate 2s, or Toyo Celsius Sport to replace them with severe snow service rating.
30k is pretty good from a tire.

Reactions: G2019
agreed - thank you everyone for your help.
Note: check rear tire at inboard junction of sidewall and tread...rest of tread can be moderate wear, and at that location, you may have steel sticking out. You really need to look hard with a flashlight and your hand. Have 85K on my 2016 X (love it!) and go thru tires 20-25k miles. On the thick tread Scorpions now for the firs time...hope they last longer. Good luck, folks! John