Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best tires for standard aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of people prefer the handling of the Michelin PS A/S 3+ over the Continentals in the all-season category. I'm probably going to get a set of 3+ put on my car to replace the MXM4's.

Having run both tires on a different car I can confirm that the A/S 3+ is a better handling tire at the expense of comfort and extra weight, I bought the DWS06 in a 255/40/19 and at 25lbs. it is the lightest tire in that size I could find, I really like this size on the 3 and in my opinion is the proper size tire for a sport sedan of this weight, my range hit is under 7% after comparing 19k on original 19" sport tires and 15k on the replacements.

You know I’ve driven for over 20 yrs now. I’ve never gone through someone’s bumper because I don’t drive like an idiot. You can have the best tires in the world. Heck you can have the safest car but you’ll still be an idiot who rams though another person or hydro planes on the freeway. I don’t need a top of the line ps4 tires just to be a safe driver.

Reactions: Incredulocious
You know I’ve driven for over 20 yrs now. I’ve never gone through someone’s bumper because I don’t drive like an idiot. You can have the best tires in the world. Heck you can have the safest car but you’ll still be an idiot who rams though another person or hydro planes on the freeway. I don’t need a top of the line ps4 tires just to be a safe driver.

It's awesome to drive safe on your own, but unfortunately, we cannot control what other drivers and vehicles do. Someone else might make an idiot move or have a mechanical failure, and you might need to make an avoidance maneuver. Better tires = better traction and control = better chance of successfully executing the avoidance maneuver.