Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best White Dashboard cover to hide white interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Anyone knows of a good quality (Carbon or matching interior black) dashboard cover easy to install for a Model Y 2nd Generation? I saw a few at RPM, Teslarati but they don't seem to have one out for Gen 2 cars. The ends are no longer available as they were on Gen 1 on the dashboard. I have tinted windows and the dashboard is blinding my mirrors when I am driving
Any suggestions? Thank you

If you're talking about the gloss-white dash strip, I decided to cover mine with RPM's grey alcantara to reduce glare.

I'm very happy with it. They sell other options:

Yes, correct I am referring to the gloss-white dash strip. I'm going to look at what the other options are since this one comes in two pieces with a cut right in the middle and I'm leaning more towards a black or carbon look that will not "glow" on the side windows as the white strip does. I thank you for responding

Yes, correct I am referring to the gloss-white dash strip. I'm going to look at what the other options are since this one comes in two pieces with a cut right in the middle and I'm leaning more towards a black or carbon look that will not "glow" on the side windows as the white strip does. I thank you for responding

The two-piece actually works great (and is vastly cheaper + easier to install). The cut lives behind that huge center display screen, so you never see it.

They also make one piece (basically replace the white strip with a new one). It's nice, but a ton more money and work to put on.

$0.02

I purchased a two-piece ABS dash cover, and a roll of black alcantara material and wrapped it myself. I also have tint on my front side windows and the white glare sits squarely in the middle of the side mirror effectively blocking the entire view. The two-piece ABS cover is printed carbon fiber which still reflects and I would assume real carbon fiber (gloss or matte) would reflect the same that's why I went with alcantara. Now it is nice and black and won't reflect in the side mirror, and it matches the alcantara I put on the steering wheel and center console.

Now there's still the upper part of the dashboard assembly that reflects, which I'm thinking about removing and spraying with plasti-dip to black it out...

Attachments

• Alcantara Dash.jpeg
    Alcantara Dash.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 412
  • Alcantara Interior.jpeg
    Alcantara Interior.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 292
  • Love
Reactions: PNWLeccy
I purchased a two-piece ABS dash cover, and a roll of black alcantara material and wrapped it myself. I also have tint on my front side windows and the white glare sits squarely in the middle of the side mirror effectively blocking the entire view. The two-piece ABS cover is printed carbon fiber which still reflects and I would assume real carbon fiber (gloss or matte) would reflect the same that's why I went with alcantara. Now it is nice and black and won't reflect in the side mirror, and it matches the alcantara I put on the steering wheel and center console.

Now there's still the upper part of the dashboard assembly that reflects, which I'm thinking about removing and spraying with plasti-dip to black it out...
Do you have a link to the Alcantara you used or any tips on installing? I've been on the fence about doing this myself for a while

Do you have a link to the Alcantara you used or any tips on installing? I've been on the fence about doing this myself for a while

This is the stuff I got. I purchased it from Amazon but in hindsight, you need a roll that is 6 FT in length, and the one on Amazon is only 52" which is just shy of that, but since I was wrapping a two-piece dash cover (https://www.amazon.com/LMZX-Interio...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==) it didn't really matter. It was much easier to wrap the two dash covers, then install the dash covers on the actual dash, than to remove the actual dash from the car and wrap it that way, and the end result is more than acceptable. Just as well also, because I was trying to remove the dash from the car, but could not for the life of me, remove one of the two end cover pieces blocking the dash assembly in, so I did it the dash cover way.

If you can find other suede vinyl wraps that is 1.5 FT x 6.0 FT on a roll, that is suitable for vehicle wraps, you can use that also. It doesn't have to be the Vivvid brand. This size will allow you to have two attempts. :)

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
new changes to in camera eye detection makes autopilot warning go off when it sees you not looking forward
I swear I was just taking a quick picture, hands on the wheel Mother ......... We need snoop dog or Ice Cube to have car sounds for this