Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best winter tires for 21' Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine Wheels? Model S 100D 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank mate for replying, but would you please elaborate more?
You're in Edmonton so I assume you have your fair share of potholes in spring... plus you may slide into a curb and damage those nice wheels. Long story short the 19" wheel will give you more tire choices, a smoother ride for rough icy roads and may even result in less ice/snow buildup on the wheel that could potentially give an out of balance condition. Plus it's not good for tires to be mounted & unmounted every year, it's better to just swap wheels with winter tires on them already.

Reactions: Wesmosis
You're in Edmonton so I assume you have your fair share of potholes in spring... plus you may slide into a curb and damage those nice wheels. Long story short the 19" wheel will give you more tire choices, a smoother ride for rough icy roads and may even result in less ice/snow buildup on the wheel that could potentially give an out of balance condition. Plus it's not good for tires to be mounted & unmounted every year, it's better to just swap wheels with winter tires on them already.

Convincing and logical explanation! thanks a lot and I do follow you videos on youtube, keep it up :)