Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big rear brake caliper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen this big brake kit before? First time I've seen a multi piston caliper and separate parking brake caliper on a model 3. Didn't find it on their website.
1717877568169.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-08 at 9.45.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-08 at 9.45.47 AM.png
    1,017 KB · Views: 6
Has anyone seen this big brake kit before? First time I've seen a multi piston caliper and separate parking brake caliper on a model 3. Didn't find it on their website.
I haven't seen a stand-alone parking brake calipers, or any dedicated parking brake contraptions on ... anything ... since drum kits with inner brake shoes from 70s. That looks super weird. Who are the folks in the pic?

Of the 3 big aftermarket Tesla track vendors (MPP, RedwoodMotorsports, and UPP), only MPP offers a rear caliper upgrade kits. Everyone else only does the fronts. MPP's rears still retain OEM E-brake assembly and functions.

The stand alone parking brake caliper allows for 4 or 6 piston calipers in the rear, like the old Model S Pre 2016. Back then, all the cars had 4 piston brembo calipers front and rear. Then Tesla started to downgrade the calipers to single sliding calipers with intergrated parking brake function.