Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bioweapons Defense Mode Retrofit for Pre-Facelift Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y'all, I have a 2014 P85DL/P90DL, and I was on the Tesla Shop webpage and saw that the HEPA filter upgrade was listed as available for 2012+ vehicles. The notes, however, said 2016+. Has anyone here seen or know of a way to retrofit the older face style of the Tesla Model S, with the HEPA filter upgrade? Thanks!

Someone else could correct me if I'm wrong but from having seen the HEPA crap in a 2017 and visually comparing it to my car with the frunk removed I don't see any way to accomplish a retrofit of that thing. It takes up a lot of space that isnt there, which im sure is why the newer cars have smaller frunks than ours.

Also you have to pipe in the air to the vents and again i don't see the real estate for that. If it is possible it will very likely be quite difficult. Perhaps you could look on the epc site and look at the exploded diagrams and see if you can jerry rig a way to get it in there.

Upvote 0
It isn't possible, as there are way too many things to change upfront. I asked while I had the car apart at the auto body shop. I refreshed the bumper on my 2016 to get the newer look. The HEPA is supersized compared to the old style filter. You would have to change the whole front clip framework.

Upvote 0