Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
English isn't his first language, so I cut him some slack. Whenever a non-native English speaker makes grammar mistakes that bug me, I remind myself that they are far better in their native language than I ever could be. I know a few words here and there of some other languages, but I am utterly mono-linguistic. Other languages just don't stick in my brain, I struggle enough with my native tongue.

I understand what he means and that's good enough for me.

It is my third language.

Bjorn said he wants to make a living with his videos, so I am criticizing them as if they were made by a pro. I am not sure everybody, outside of his fans here, will cut him as much slack as you do. My guess is that to appeal to a larger audience, he will have to make improvements to his videos, and if we do not criticize his work, we are not really helping.

It is my third language.

Bjorn said he wants to make a living with his videos, so I am criticizing them as if they were made by a pro. I am not sure everybody, outside of his fans here, will cut him as much slack as you do. My guess is that to appeal to a larger audience, he will have to make improvements to his videos, and if we do not criticize his work, we are not really helping.

You're English is excellent, which I respect, but people have varying levels of talent at picking up languages. I suspect my mild dyslexia plays hell at my ability to pick up other languages. It manifests in different ways in different people. I've never had much problem reading, but it took a lot of effort to get my writing skills in English up to the average level they are today. I also have bouts of aphasia which is part of dyslexia for some. I struggle to remember common words, even though I have the concept fully formed in my head. Adding new words for the same concept just adds to the chaos when it happens.

It may be just me, but if I'm going to offer even constructive criticism to someone, I'm much more likely to offer it privately. I don't like airing people's failings publicly.

It is my third language.

I've formally studied three foreign languages, one in high school and two in college, but the only one that I can speak without messing up too much is my native English. I've met people who have great proficiency in picking up languages -- that is just something that my brain is not wired to do. How any language can have more than one word for "the" baffles me, and I'll never be able to keep straight which "the" goes with which noun. I'm impressed with how good his English is. German is probably my next-best language, and I know I don't speak that anywhere near as well as he speaks English.

Hi Freudianly, could you please elaborate some samples about their mistakes they made in the video? As a non-native English speaker, I especially watched that parking video over again to see the grammar mistakes they made, yet could not found any? Perhaps you might enlighten us about that plural/singular mistake.. thanks in advance..

Hi Freudianly, could you please elaborate some samples about their mistakes they made in the video? As a non-native English speaker, I especially watched that parking video over again to see the grammar mistakes they made, yet could not found any? Perhaps you might enlighten us about that plural/singular mistake.. thanks in advance..
Also, Freudianly, can you tell us where you learned English? I see you are in Europe but based on your posts, it looks like you learned American English. Did you learn English in the United States?

Hi Bjørn,

I love your videos. Can I suggest you a new one you could make?

"Model S roadtrip compilation".
This would be a short video (3 min) with all the roadtrips you made so far. Just the title of the trip, the map with statistics (the same you are already showing in your videos) and few seconds of driving video to show road and weather conditions.

I think many would like to see the statistics of your roadtrips all in one short video and that would be also a good video to show to skeptics that complain about real life range, consumption and so on.

What do you think?

I measured 4 % degradation after 1 year/100k km/60k mi. That's not too bad considering that I drive 4-5 times more than most people. So in reality the battery should after 8-10 years of normal driving still have over 80 % capacity.

Hi Bjørn,
I love your videos. Can I suggest you a new one you could make?

"Model S roadtrip compilation".
This would be a short video (3 min) with all the roadtrips you made so far. Just the title of the trip, the map with statistics (the same you are already showing in your videos) and few seconds of driving video to show road and weather conditions.

I think many would like to see the statistics of your roadtrips all in one short video and that would be also a good video to show to skeptics that complain about real life range, consumption and so on.

What do you think?
Good suggestion :)

Folks, please take your language discussion offline and not hijack this thread. Thank you
I think Jørgen's English and accent is very good. I appreciate feedback on mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Bjørn,

Our experimental referral program has now come to a close. Firstly, I’d like to say thank you. Thank you for sharing your experiences, thank you for letting your friends drive your car, thank you for spreading the word.

I’m pleased to confirm that you were the first person in your region to reach ten referrals. Along with your Tesla account credits, this has earned you a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, which is not available to the public, for free. You’ll also receive a free Tesla Powerwall including installation, plus a ticket for yourself and a guest to attend the Gigafactory grand opening party.

Here’s some information about what will happen next:

Founder Series Model X
A member of our Inside Sales team will reach out within the next two weeks to confirm your Model X order. They’ll be able to answer any questions you might have about configuration and lead times during the call.

Your Powerwall
When Powerwall is available for delivery in your area, a member of the Tesla Energy team will reach out to you to confirm you preferred installation address. Once that’s set, a local installer will get in touch directly to confirm your appointment time and other details.

Gigafactory Grand Opening Party
Although the exact date is to be confirmed, we expect the Gigafactory grand opening party to happen in the first half of 2016. Once the event details are set, our marketing team will be in touch with a personal invitation for yourself and a guest.

Should you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to email [email protected].

Thank you again for your support in helping us spread the electric revolution!

With warm regards,

Jon McNeill
President, Global Sales and Service

Finally! The official confirmation that the world will get many cool and interesting videos about the Model X.
My first suggestion: next spring (or maybe summer in Norway) invite someone who suffers from seasonal pollen allergy to test the air filtration system.

My first suggestion: next spring (or maybe summer in Norway) invite someone who suffers from seasonal pollen allergy to test the air filtration system.
No need to invite anyone. I'm allergic to pollen. Bioweapon defense mode is one of the coolest feature on the X. I will use it a lot when driving behind Schmutzig Volkswagen and other old diesel cars. Just today we drove behind a queue of cars and one of them was stinky. Eventually we found out it was a Passat. Even my wife complained about the smell.

No need to invite anyone. I'm allergic to pollen. Bioweapon defense mode is one of the coolest feature on the X. I will use it a lot when driving behind Schmutzig Volkswagen and other old diesel cars. Just today we drove behind a queue of cars and one of them was stinky. Eventually we found out it was a Passat. Even my wife complained about the smell.

I seem to vaguely remember you mentioned it in a recent video. Imagine how many Model X that could sell if this new feature really betters your life ! And how many more if you did a video in Chinese with the help of a relative !
I wonder if Elon could ship your Model X in a cargo plane for Xmas so that we all could get a Bjorn Model X video as a Xmas present.
Anyway, nice to see the stress on your face has been replaced by a happy smile !

P.S.: there is a thread to celebrate the fact that you officially won the Model X:
It's official, Bjørn won the Model X for Europe!

Last edited: