Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't give the Millennium Falcon to a museum or give it away. I don't think there is much lasting historic value. It's just a car. Just my unsolicited two cents' worth of advice, but I would a) keep it another year or so, esp. while you're living 700km from the nearest service center (so if one of your two cars gets disabled, you still have the other to drive), or b) as soon as possible, sell the car for the very best price you can get for it, and move on.

Bjorn: Tough situation to be in - there are surely a lot of tax and insurance implications that only you can analyze and decide. If you can sell the Millennium Falcon, keep the X for yourself (and for all the great videos you will make for your fans!), and then rent out the P90 (when you are not having fun with it and making Bjorn videos for your fans!) enough to have it make financial sense. Surely you can use the P90 as a Business Expense in the making of your YouTube videos and income. Finally, you should definitely consult a tax adviser to help you in your decisions!

Bjørn, you should also check if you have to pay income tax in Norway for the value of the new cars.

I think in Germany you would have to, because it is not a raffle winning - you actually "worked" for the cars. But I am not sure how this is handled in Norway. You better check, because this could be a really nasty tax bill.

Bjørn, you should also check if you have to pay income tax in Norway for the value of the new cars.

I think in Germany you would have to, because it is not a raffle winning - you actually "worked" for the cars. But I am not sure how this is handled in Norway. You better check, because this could be a really nasty tax bill.
This is considered a gift. But gifts in Norway are taxed. The only prize that is not taxed is lottery from Norsk Tipping which is the gambling company run by the government.

Is there a family member you can give the car to?
Not really. They either don't have driver's license or don't have the need for a Tesla.