Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blendmount for Model 3/Blackvue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Just received my Blendmount for Model 3/Blackvue yesterday. Thought some people might be interested on how it mount and looks. Here are the pics.... I haven't tucked the wires, so please ignore that. The actual mount I received is a little bit different from what they showed on the web. It seems the lower mount part can't pivot all the way to the front. It is limited to a certain angle as you can see in the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20180927_113916.jpg
    IMG_20180927_113916.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_20180927_090839.jpg
    IMG_20180927_090839.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_20180927_090829.jpg
    IMG_20180927_090829.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20180927_090727.jpg
    IMG_20180927_090727.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 343
I was thinking about getting this, but I agree, it seems more obtrusive than mounting directly to the glass. Can you post a screenshot of the field of view? It looks like that would be limited too. Are reflections a problem? I already use a polarizing filter with mine to cut back on glare and seems like it would be even worse if it's mounted so far away.

You can order this one too, which fits in a very similar way, but costs about 1/3 the price. Even though it is a french company, they will ship promptly. and it will sit flush behind your rear view mirror.

Mirror Mount Universal Blackvue Slim DR650GW-S-750S-900S - EDR-AUTO

Can't say this is worth the US$50 it cost me. With it installed, the mirror adjustment is VERY limited and I can't get it (mirror) into an ideal position. Mostly plastic parts, as well, and the cam is pretty far back from the windshield, so camera housing at the top of the pic and dash/hood on the bottom.

Not willing to spend $140+ for the BlendMount, either. Should have just stuck the camera to the windshield as intended.

Can't say this is worth the US$50 it cost me. With it installed, the mirror adjustment is VERY limited and I can't get it (mirror) into an ideal position. Mostly plastic parts, as well, and the cam is pretty far back from the windshield, so camera housing at the top of the pic and dash/hood on the bottom.

Not willing to spend $140+ for the BlendMount, either. Should have just stuck the camera to the windshield as intended.

Good to know, thanks for the info! And also not willing to spend $100+ on any mount. Will just sticker-mount also.

I was considering buying this but I'll just stick it to my windshield instead. Thanks for your input.

Hmm, sketchy site, that edr-auto. Got an email asking to review the product for a 10% discount code on next purchase. Gave it two stars and my comments. The only review for the product is a 5-star. Guess they don't want people knowing the limitations of their product.