Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 door not sitting flush with body

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I got my new 2023 Model 3 (coming from a 2015 Lexus IS250) and I noticed the rear door doesn't sit as flush as it does on the driver's side. Also, upon driving, my steering wheel is off the left a tiny bit, do you think these problems are enough to bring up to Tesla service? Thanks in advance. Posted some pics for reference.

2 other issues I have:
1) Also, hear some whistling noises at 65 - 75mph+, anyone have ideas what may cause that? (sounds like it's coming from outside of the front of the car), thought it was the windshield wipers which I pushed down a bit and it seemed to have mostly resolved it but still audible
2) when I put the window up and down, seems like I hear a bit of wind noise but eventually goes away, sounds like window isn't sealing?

I'm scared to take it to Tesla service because my brother has a model Y brand new and he had a whistling noise coming from the back, they re-adjusted his door and now it only closes if you shut it hard...
412640071_658569526206543_3084904776727593927_n.jpg
410730283_377037501660422_4019326276082123144_n.jpg

Open a ticket with Tesla service and report the issues. Alignment is definitely a common problem

Yeah I did, just very inconvenient losing a car and sometimes they don't fix the problems right. I feel like if they're going to cause another issue, maybe I can just live with the issues.

Do you think that door is sticking out a decent amount?

The windows are not sealing at the B pillar edges. Multiple rubber product solutions, I prefer the thin insulation foam tape. Don't get fooled by folk trying to point the cause to the corner or top edge, top edge seals perfectly with pressure on top trim. Pushing the window out with finger near B pillar while driving at high speed with amplify the noise. Good idea is to put tape on front and rear of B pillar rubber seals, as my rear passenger front door edge also whistled in cold weather as the rubber shrinks.

Reactions: rpiotro