Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue light not flashing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
Brand new owner
I hooked car up to my office complex' charger.
An hour later, I noticed the estimated charge time on mobile app went from 10 hours up to 12 hours, I went to the car, and the logo was not flashing (blank).
I unplugged, then plugged in the charger, and it started flashing. The estimated time quickly dropped from 12 to 9 hours (obviously it wasn't charging).
About 45 minutes later I returned to the car, the logo wasn't flashing, however, the mobile app shows that it's charging.

Does the blue logo flash the entire time it's charging, or can it stop flashing, even through it's still being charged?
Is the flashing logo temperamental when using (poorly maintained??) public chargers?
Does charging occasionally stop at public chargers?
Thanks!

Brand new owner
I hooked car up to my office complex' charger.
An hour later, I noticed the estimated charge time on mobile app went from 10 hours up to 12 hours, I went to the car, and the logo was not flashing (blank).
I unplugged, then plugged in the charger, and it started flashing. The estimated time quickly dropped from 12 to 9 hours (obviously it wasn't charging).
About 45 minutes later I returned to the car, the logo wasn't flashing, however, the mobile app shows that it's charging.

Does the blue logo flash the entire time it's charging, or can it stop flashing, even through it's still being charged?

it stops flashing to not alert vandals to your car.
Is the flashing logo temperamental when using (poorly maintained??) public chargers?

no

Does charging occasionally stop at public chargers?

if the frequency has a poor sine wave sometimes the car doesnt like it. or sometimes the voltage can sag a bit.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and haroldo