Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Beeped and Flashed the Lights For No Reason

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
So today my Model Y beeped and flashed it's lights for no reason at all. I wasn't in the garage and got a camera notification for sound in there. The video shows it beep and flash. I know when I had a Model 3 it did this from time to time as well. Anyone know why? Is Tesla accessing my car without my knowledge? :)

The most likely cause, if its in your garage, is critters in your garage running past the sensors. Thats also the simplest answer. As far as " is Tesla accessing my car without my knowledge", unless you are not aware that your car is always uploading stuff to Teslas servers, the answer to that is no, its with your knowledge.

Uploading data has nothing to do with any beeping or motion notification though.

The most likely cause, if its in your garage, is critters in your garage running past the sensors. Thats also the simplest answer. As far as " is Tesla accessing my car without my knowledge", unless you are not aware that your car is always uploading stuff to Teslas servers, the answer to that is no, its with your knowledge.

Uploading data has nothing to do with any beeping or motion notification though.
I was kidding about Tesla accessing my car. But as far as critters in my garage go, I've never had anything larger than a small bug in there. Not sure about the sensors you are talking about that could have gotten triggered because I don't have Sentry Mode on while in my garage, so nothing should be triggered. And even if it was on, and say a mouse was running around, it still wouldn't see it on the ground. It wouldn't even see a rat.