Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Puddle Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently put in the blue Abstract Ocean footwell lights, and really like the look. I'm considering also putting in blue puddle lights, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience/thoughts on doing that? Or, even better, any pics? I've not found many pictures other than logo puddle lights.

How much brighter are the footwell lights over stock? How difficult are they to install? I don’t have 100% use of my left, it worked well enough to install the puddle lights from Abstract and the splash guard set I purchased from from RPM Tesla with no problem.
I got the Spacex puddle lights.

How much brighter are the footwell lights over stock? How difficult are they to install? I don’t have 100% use of my left, it worked well enough to install the puddle lights from Abstract and the splash guard set I purchased from from RPM Tesla with no problem.
I got the Spacex puddle lights.
They are quite a bit brighter. And not really hard at all to install. The hardest part is pushing them back in, but I'm pretty sure I only used one hand for that. And it wasn't THAT hard.

I installed the blue footwell lights and they don’t work, any help would be appreciated
The footwell lights are only enabled for Model 3 configurations of Long Range and Performance. If you have a Standard Range +, you have the “partial premium” interior and the footwell lights do not work, even if present.

If you have a “premium” interior, the footwell lights should be enabled. However, the footwell lights need to be a kind of LED that is dimmable. For example, check this page of puddle and footwell lights for purchase: Model 3 Ultra Bright LED lights Pick n Mix The footwell lights look the same but are “engineered” to handle the fade down and up of the interior lighting.l

I assume that you purchased the puddle lights and installed them in the footwell. I don’t know for sure but, I would guess the standard puddle lights don’t work reliably in the footwell because they are not designed to work there.

The footwell lights are only enabled for Model 3 configurations of Long Range and Performance. If you have a Standard Range +, you have the “partial premium” interior and the footwell lights do not work, even if present.

If you have a “premium” interior, the footwell lights should be enabled. However, the footwell lights need to be a kind of LED that is dimmable. For example, check this page of puddle and footwell lights for purchase: Model 3 Ultra Bright LED lights Pick n Mix The footwell lights look the same but are “engineered” to handle the fade down and up of the interior lighting.l

I assume that you purchased the puddle lights and installed them in the footwell. I don’t know for sure but, I would guess the standard puddle lights don’t work reliably in the footwell because they are not designed to work there.
I have the standard range partial premium interior so that’s why the footwells don’t work, ughh! I also installed it in the glove compartment that was working and that does not work either. Thanks for the reply

I think John will have better pictures than me as I bought Abstract Ocean's white puddle lights (and blue interior front and rear lights). I love how it looks. The puddle lights are significantly brighter than stock. The blue interior front and rears also look great.

I have the blue puddle lights from Abstract Ocean. Can’t find a picture of them in action. I’ll have to take one.

I enjoy the blue and find them plenty bright for lighting the ground to step out of the car. They are noticeable in brightly lit parking lots.
I just installed the "Tesla logo" version of the puddle lights. Works well, all is good. However, discovered that the other interior lights and radio and screen all went out as I pulled out each original factory light. Scary for someone who just got a Tesla Model Y. However, when I plugged in each new light everything came back on just fine. Curious why they would wire these all in series? This might be helpful for you all to know.

I just installed the "Tesla logo" version of the puddle lights. Works well, all is good. However, discovered that the other interior lights and radio and screen all went out as I pulled out each original factory light. Scary for someone who just got a Tesla Model Y. However, when I plugged in each new light everything came back on just fine. Curious why they would wire these all in series? This might be helpful for you all to know.
It is a bit scary if you are not expecting it!

I don’t think all those things are in series. It’s simply the computer reacting to a light circuit looking like it just broke. For example, if your windows are up, they will also react by rolling down as if the door is opened. The installation instructions I got for mine said to roll down all the windows to prevent possible damage.