Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issues - only with phone calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 M3 and an Iphone 13 pro max. The former is on the latest beta, the latter is on the latest OS. This issue has been going on for over a year, traversing many different updates on both the car and the phone.

My car connects via BT without issue. I can open the car with the phone, listen to music, etc. However, phone calls are about a 50/50 shot of being able to hear someone through the speakers. The phone shows it's connected via BT, but when their voice doesn't play through the speakers, the only fix is to disconnect and reconnect the phone to the car.

On top of that, when I use the internal car voice dialing, it only works for a few contacts. It mostly gives an error message. I can dial people through Siri without issue.

I've tried soft resetting my car several times. But what would cause this and how do I fix it?

Hi Beachybumm
I have had the same problem since I got my MY 2023. My setup is with a Google Pixel 7a. The interesting thing is that if I don't make calls via GSM but via VoIP, I don't have the problem with the Bluetooth. No idea what it is. Do you still have the problem?

Hi Beachybumm
I have had the same problem since I got my MY 2023. My setup is with a Google Pixel 7a. The interesting thing is that if I don't make calls via GSM but via VoIP, I don't have the problem with the Bluetooth. No idea what it is. Do you still have the problem?
Same issue with same phone on new MY 2023. Have experiment with VoIP yet but same consistently dropped calls with son's iPhone 15.

Hi Beachybumm
I am having similar issues with the 2023 Model X. Tried everything with rebooting and restarting. No luck
How do I try VOIP connection?