Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having Bluetooth issues such as phone, phone key pairing and TPMS tire sensors. I took my car to the dealership last week, and it took 3 days to fix the problem. At first, they told me there was a 99.99% chance it was my phone. I told them I had 2 phones, and the tire sensors were not working. I told them to pair their phone to the car, but it did not work.

They also wanted me to change my TPMS sensors for $800, they told me it works on another Bluetooth frequency, I doubted it. I told them no, and then I told them to wait and see if we could fix the phones first. A few days later, they told me that the issues is being caused by the USB device for sentry in my glovebox, I was getting error messages and wanted to charge me $200 for diagnosis and new USB key, I pushed back and told then to remove the USB. By Friday, I took the car, and everything worked for 1 week, including the TPMS, but I am now having the same issues; I don't think the Telsa dealership has any idea what they are doing; has anyone had the same issue?

LOL the Tesla service guys have zero idea how the TPMS sensors work. TPMS sensors on a different bluetooth frequency. I don't think they know that Bluetooth only operates on the 2.4 GHz frequency band.

Sometimes I experience the bluetooth phone key pairing issue but usually it happens when I disable bluetooth while in the car and when I try to reactivate it sometimes have pairing issues or sometimes its on the phone side. I don't sweat it nowadays. I usually just do a combination of restarting the Tesla screen, toggling the bluetooth setting on the Tesla screen/phone and restarting the phone. I wouldn't say it is a frequent occurrence so I don't sweat it.

Upvote 0