Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Media Quirks (iPhone)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else experiences this issue or oddity:

I stream a lot of podcasts that I listen to on my phone through my MDX. It connects fine and picks up right where I left off, but the "album art" it displays for them are so wacky and strange that I have no idea where the car is sourcing them from. It's almost as if someone did a Google image search after smashing their fist on a keyboard. It's totally random.

Anyone else experience this issue? It's definitely a nit to pick, but it seems odd that since all the other functions (streaming, lowering volume/pausing when entering/exiting car) works so well and seamlessly that it's kind of puzzling that something as simple as the image for the podcast doesn't come through.

Oh, you mean like The Curly Shuffle by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band?
IMG_6238.jpg

I don't have my Model X yet so I can't test this. I have, however, seen similar behavior in a recent rental car. On podcasts and music files that did not have album art embedded, the car's display would pull an image from somewhere else.

I suspect that the car was pulling it from a cache of generic images stored in the car's memory for just this purpose.

Once I get my Model X (June??) I can create a set of sample files, some with and some without album art and do a proper test.

I don't have my Model X yet so I can't test this. I have, however, seen similar behavior in a recent rental car. On podcasts and music files that did not have album art embedded, the car's display would pull an image from somewhere else.

I suspect that the car was pulling it from a cache of generic images stored in the car's memory for just this purpose.

There are songs I know have images embedded, but are not being displayed. It is pulling all those images through it's own service.

I just noticed it yesterday when I started listening to Audible audio book. Every time I start it it fetches some obscurely random album art - it's actually quite amusing as frankly I don't care about album art - but when you're listening to music and songs - I'm sure it can be frustrating.

Been that way since 2012 or so. I guess they can’t tell if the phone is playing music or podcast, and their album art service has no clue about podcasts, so... I listen to some astronomy podcasts with Dr Pamela Gay. The album art gets rather lewd, sadly.

Quirks that annoys me; be not playing anything at all. Call comes in; it’s spam so tap end call on the steering wheel. Music/podcast/recent source starts playing!