Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a) The i8 costs an obscene amount of money (upwards of $250K) and has a hybrid system.
b) The i3 is tiny and ugly.
These are terrible attempts by BMW at electric cars. They don't pose a threat to Tesla now, and will not do so when the GENIII launches in 2017. Tesla is wayy ahead of the curve, and places like BMW which have the resources to drive Tesla out of business are too caught up in the world of ICE to dedicate any meaningful money and manpower to the electric car revolution. Elon knows this, which is why he is so confident in the future of Tesla.
I suspect we will be in 2019 or 2020 before we see anything that can come close to being a viable alternative to a Tesla.

I thought i platform stand for electric only but it is hybrid with long range but that's not going to work against model S for sure.

http://www.bmw-i.com/en_ww/bmw-i8/

checkout the video at the bottom of the page for details

"The i8 Concept combines the advantages of two different drive systems. As a plug-in hybrid it reaps the benefits of an electric motor and an internal combustion engine for maximum efficiency with maximum dynamics."