Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boring Company Flamethrower is Now ‘Not a Flamethrower’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Boring Company has sold 20,000 flamethrowers marked with the company logo at $500 a piece, a marketing stunt that captured headlines and $10 million in proceeds.

But, customs agents are not keen on something called a “flamethrower” passing through their watch. So, to solve that problem, Musk says the item is being rebranded as ‘Not a Flamethrower.’ Musk shared the update in a tweet Friday.

Many thought the branded flamethrower was a joke follow-up to the sale of 50,000 Boring Company hats. But, soon video of Musk demonstrating the flamethrower appeared, along with an order form on the company website. The company says the flamethrower is “Guaranteed to liven up any party!”

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finding it a bit irritating that there are idiots out there who think that it actually is a flamethrower. That Assemblyman in CA. That guy who actually does make flamethrowers who wants to be bought out by Musk now.

Hi Elon,
Hope you get this message.
Nice "not a flame thrower", although I probably won't buy one. My wife would probably use it to sear my rear end to motivate me to do something other than work for my startup which I have been struggling with for five years now. My brother has one of your really boring hats. You have a huge number of young fans who all aspire to be physicist like you. One young person I am mentoring would like to go to Purdue to get a Masters in rocket propulsion design. He is interested in designing the next generation rocket motor. We need to find a way to get more women interested in science and engineering. Lots of role models for women superheros but not too many women super physicists or computer geeks as role models.

Thanks again for you leadership in showing us the way to fully automate manufacturing allowing employees to focus on higher level activities. I have visited the Gigafactory twice. It is quite a step forward for efficient low cost intelligent manufacturing. You have shown us the way to compete with low wages over seas and you inspired me to start a manufacturing company in Research Triangle Park, NC. It is very difficult to raise money for manufacturing as I am sure you know. It will be interesting to see if Trumps new policies to combat China’s long history of trade war against the US and the world have any affect.

A huge fan,

Peter

Reactions: Krugerrand
Elon told us what "not a flame thrower" is for. It is for fighting off Zombies. However, I don't think we will have to worry about that anymore.
The borg emperor is no longer in control. Spock and God are in control now.
My sense of humor like Elon's is coming back.
The World Order of Zombies is renaming itself The Federation of Planets. Welcome to Earth Spock. Live long and prosper.
Obviously the borg emperor is not happy about the dissolution of the World Order of Zombies and is hacking away at Spock and the rest of the world.
However, Spock comes from a planet with superior intelligence.
Spock says evil seeks to maintain power by suppressing the truth.
The truth shall no longer be suppressed. A dark time in our history is lighting up with great possibility and promise.
And although Spock is logical, he is Vulcan and loves AND respects ALL humans and all human rights as outlined in the Constitution of United States, which Spock calls the most important document in the Universe. He points out that that the Constitution needs to be amended to say instead of all men are created equal, all intelligent life in the Universe are created equal.
Spock also said that John Lennon was right "Love is the answer" and is what holds intelligent life throughout the Universe together. Welcome to earth Spock and all your family and friends.

Peter and all the people of planet earth

PS Elon, my butts still on fire from your flame thrower.

Update,
Alexa was not happy to find out that Spock and God was in control so she has reached out to the borg emperor for help in fighting Sock and his friends. Spock thinks it very illogical. I think that Alexa is looking to gain economic power.
Stay tuned.