Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston - Nov 19, 7 pm - "Pricing Carbon" - Eminent Panel w/Steve Curwood of NPR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It certainly was fun. Nearly lost my voice talking about the car before the talk.
Sorry if I hijacked someone's parking spot. Also, I took my "winner" for a ride last night,
it was fun, spent about an hour going over every feature of the car and a 20+ minute ride
which included some highway. He was thrilled. Were other's doing the rides on another day?

Hi, Ed!

Dunno what you're talking about re hijacking someone's parking spot?!

The rides went well last night. I'm signed up to do 2-3 more, during the daylight, with other winners.

Between that and the State House, quite the Tesla day for me.

If there's one thing I learned from watching @EdA, @PeterK and @LMB, I'm gonna hafta buy some new threads. :)

PS: I'm not sure I really get the whole Carbon Pricing thing when developing countries aren't
participating, etc. etc. :)

Dunno what my wife would say, she's the one who has been active on this issue for a couple of years now. But I'd argue that change in this area has to be led by the developing nations, who are the only ones who can afford to do so at this point. Implementing a carbon pricing scheme will change the playing field and (hopefully) lead to new technology and behavior changes that can THEN be exported to the developed countries. A couple of examples: many developing nations are skipping wired telephone technology and jumping to cellphones, based on first world technology and experiences. And the pollution control technologies and practices developed in the first world have become of increasing interest to the third world -- think about the smog that is blanketing Beijing.