Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a New Mobile Connector, received as used one, WWYD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read so many posts about Tesla sending out used (returns) units as new ones. Seems common.

I didn't want to spend $230 + tax on a new one (?) from Tesla, so searched online and found a brand
new one for sale locally that I paid $125. I met the seller locally and opened up the zipper to inspect the unit,
and both plugs were still in their original plastic wrap. Unit was immaculate and also came with original outer shipping box.
The seller bought it and then decided not to buy a Tesla.

Recieved my MC today from Lathrop (ordered same time with the Y, last Thursday). Box looks worn, but the UPS shipping label was intact.

The fabric bag itself looks clean enough, along with the two adapters look brand new. However the main assembly itself was greasy with some scuffs/scratches (minor but still noticeable). The contacts on the connector itself also show some evidence of wear.

I'll try to purchase a new MC unit at the SC (as mentioned above) when I pick up the car, then return the shipped "used" unit.

Recieved my MC today from Lathrop (ordered same time with the Y, last Thursday). Box looks worn, but the UPS shipping label was intact.

The fabric bag itself looks clean enough, along with the two adapters look brand new. However the main assembly itself was greasy with some scuffs/scratches (minor but still noticeable). The contacts on the connector itself also show some evidence of wear.

I'll try to purchase a new MC unit at the SC (as mentioned above) when I pick up the car, then return the shipped "used" unit.
Took delivery of my LR yesterday morning. The service center did not have any MCs in stock, just WCs.

Ordered another MC earlier this morning. Will iniate the return of the first unit when this order ships.

Hopefully this time it'll be BNIB 🤞🏼

Reactions: Blacked_Y