Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bouncy / Hobby Horse Ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a bit lost, not a car person. Have driven an S for nearly 3 years and just got my 3P. It's wonderful in size, looks, handling, speed (amazing), but I can feel every bump in my seat and on the wheel, like harsh!
I'm reading about aftermarket suspension.
I am keeping this little car. I want to love her completely. Is part of this just adjusting to new feels?
My sales rep said the suspension is the same as the car I test drove but that the test model's suspension may have softened with driving.
Hope?

Dropping from stock tire pressures helps.

Don't have anything to add and look forward to other's opinions. I do find the P3D ride a little bouncy at times over repetitive uneven pavement but I'm coming from the tank like ride of an S with air. Don't have enough seat time to say that it's a problem.
100% true - compared to an S with air the 3 is super springy/bouncy. not bad imo but some people would surely not like it. this is with 18"s still, haven't tried my 19" RE71Rs yet

I think the suspension is fine, but I had my kids and the wife in the back they all said it was bouncing like crazy. So there is definitively a difference between front and back. Anyone with MPP comfort coilovers see any improvements?

I would agree that 3Ps are a bit bouncy. It seems like they take the initial road hump well but dissipate it oddly. Probably needs some rebound tuning but I'm far from a suspension engineer. Maybe they can make a nice offer to some GM suspension engineers and up the game a bit.

I think the suspension is fine, but I had my kids and the wife in the back they all said it was bouncing like crazy. So there is definitively a difference between front and back. Anyone with MPP comfort coilovers see any improvements?

Yeah, the back end does some spooky stuff. There are bumps around that not frequently, but fairly often, will actually launch my briefcase with laptop in it off the trunk floor and will end up slamming back down.

I would agree that 3Ps are a bit bouncy. It seems like they take the initial road hump well but dissipate it oddly. Probably needs some rebound tuning but I'm far from a suspension engineer. Maybe they can make a nice offer to some GM suspension engineers and up the game a bit.

I believe that they run out of travel quickly and end up contacting the bump stops. The combo of spring / shock / bump stops means that when you hit the limit of travel, weird things happen. At least from my limited understanding of suspension tuning as well as reading some of the comments from vendors here.

My March 2020 build LR AWD with 19" wheels is obnoxiously bouncy on city streets at low to medium speeds. My kid in the back seat is basically bouncing up and down in his car seat for the whole trip anywhere we go.

At night I can see the reflection of my headlights bouncing wildly off of signs as I drive.

There is definitely some sort of oscillation between front and back that causes a definite bounce down the road.

I’m not a fan at all of this weird suspension.