Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brakes in San Diego

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That price seems about right. I paid a similar price for brakes and rotors for my BMW 335i at an independent shop...BUT, I had them put on low/non dusting pads, actually recommended by my shop. I've always used that type of pad on two different BMWs and they perform perfectly with almost zero dust. I'll never get the stock pads for my BMW, nor for the Tesla. Brake pads for all German cars and the Teslas cause way too much brake pad dust. They are a mess to keep clean. However, I'll bet, that like at BMW dealerships, Tesla will NOT put on after market pads. I bet they will say it is a warranty issue, and maybe it is for them. I would do as recommended by Lukez and get the rotors from Tesla, or have a good independent shop do so, along with getting low/non dusting pads. Doing a brake job on a Tesla is not rocket science that any competent shop can't do, but perhaps getting the rotors from Tesla might take a little time. Check with your own shop.