Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Model Y: Pulls to the right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ice385

Sep 21, 2023
texas
Hi everyone, I just bought my first Tesla and collected it yesterday. (Model Y AWD) I am aware I have about 100miles to log any defects.

On the first drive from the delivery centre, I noticed that the car pulls to the right and I have to hold the steering straight to counter this. Have driven about 20miles yesterday confirming this.

I immediately logged a service request on the Tesla app and have received a notification to schedule an appointment, the earliest slot however is November 1st (Plano, TX).

What do you recommend I do to try get this expedited? I don't want to drive 5 weeks and damage my tires before they look at and try fix the issue?

I have sent a chat message on the Service thread in the Tesla app to request an earlier slot, but not sure if that'll help!

Thank you, looking forward to learning and contributing more from these forums!

I always recommend getting alignments at an independent shop, regardless of the brand of car. Tesla Service Center alignments have been hit or miss, in the North Texas region.
Have you joined the North Texas Tesla Owners Group? Someone there will have an alignment shop to recommend. (I go to Texas Track Works, but they're in SW Fort Worth)

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Hi everyone, update on this.

I drove to the SC in Plano, Tx despite my 1 November appointment. The service team was very good and understood that I shouldn’t have this problem with a new vehicle.

They took it in while I waited and did a realignment. They completed the job and provided this feedback:

“Test drove vehicle with customer. Steerwheel angle is off and will need alignment checked and
adjusted.
Check and adjusted to proper alignment. Toe was in need of adjustment. Verified in test drive
alignment corrected issue.”

All sorted, no charge as the vehicle was new. The alignment report was in the vehicle and the difference between the before and after was stark.

Much happier now.

Reactions: fsb1 and Dracaris