Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Tesla Model X P100D for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but will reduce the value by an addition $7-10k due to the loss of free supercharging.

N̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶2̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶f̶e̶r̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶.̶

OK, nevermind!! They removed that line from the website and chat with the rep confirmed.

Also, no flipping way is FUSC worth "$7k-$10k". If it's worth anything, the going rate is about $2k.

I agree, but I was just trying to throw the $80k people a little bone. Even if you take $10k off for it being "used" and $7k for the FUSC, that's still over $100k - a long ways from the $82k someone offered the OP.

I personally think he will get about $7 or $8k less than the order price, but if he has to title it first, he will lose the $7k he paid in sales tax.

Reactions: tyler2323
I agree it's very complex.. but if the OP can get the VIN/order onto his Tesla Account page before delivery, then he can get it titled in anyone's name and sold as a new car (with the fed tax credit, too). I did this with a Model 3, and it worked perfectly.

But if he's forced to take delivery, it's ugly.

Good luck, OP!

I agree it's very complex.. but if the OP can get the VIN/order onto his Tesla Account page before delivery, then he can get it titled in anyone's name and sold as a new car (with the fed tax credit, too). I did this with a Model 3, and it worked perfectly.

But if he's forced to take delivery, it's ugly.

Good luck, OP!

I'm sure you didn't take time to read every post in the thread, but that's exactly what I told him - I did it with my Model 3 order.

I'm not sure how the Sweepstakes company will handle everything pre-delivery. If they give me access to my Tesla account before delivery then maybe I can get it moved into someone's name, but I don't how they would react to that, as there's a whole to-do when they deliver the car (video, cameras, interview, etc). I've only been told so far that they'll give me the VIN number when it comes time for me to insure it, whether that involves giving me the Tesla account, I don't know. I'm willing to take a hit on the selling price if I can't do that, as long as it's nothing crazy.

There's a Raven Model X selling on Only Used Teslas right now that has all of the same options except for the 22" wheels going for $110k. Now granted, I realize that it hasn't sold yet, but I would be a happy camper if I could get that out of it.

Reactions: chazzico
I'm sure you didn't take time to read every post in the thread, but that's exactly what I told him - I did it with my Model 3 order.

I did, and that was what I was referring to.

Here's another idea for the OP: Lease it out. Take delivery of the vehicle. Claim the $1,875 tax credit. Then find someone willing to lease it out for two years. They insure and register it. You collect the monthly payments, including interest. If the cash from selling the car can pay off your mortgage, I'm going to assume the lease payments are going to more than cover your mortgage payment. You won't be debt free for a while, but at the end of two years you might be, and then you have a used MX to keep or then sell. Let the lessee take the depreciation hit. Just an idea.

I would suggest you also talk to your accountant. If you win anything in sweepstakes property or cash its subject to income tax and usually in the highest bracket. You are looking at $30-$50k in taxes here.

Yes, they are providing the money to pay taxes. I'll still owe some, but it shouldn't be much. I have an appointment this week to know for sure.

Yes, they are providing the money to pay taxes. I'll still owe some, but it shouldn't be much. I have an appointment this week to know for sure.

Are you certain? Both sales tax and income tax?

Here is what it says on their website:

And you might not love taxes, but they’re your responsibility and you have to pay them. We’ll give you a W9 form so you can tell Uncle Sam what you owe. All winners that receive a Prize with an approximate retail value of $600 or more will be issued a Form 1099.

Are you certain? Both sales tax and income tax?

Here is what it says on their website:

And you might not love taxes, but they’re your responsibility and you have to pay them. We’ll give you a W9 form so you can tell Uncle Sam what you owe. All winners that receive a Prize with an approximate retail value of $600 or more will be issued a Form 1099.

Yes, I've already been talked everything over with someone from Omaze. Here's the details from this particular Sweepstakes.

"Grand Prize: 2019 Tesla Model X P100D + $20,000 Cash

Sales tax prepaid and up to 25% of ARV will be paid by Sponsor to the Winner to put towards any required income taxes."

Once I add the $20k prize that's included with the 25% check, it will cover most of the taxes. The only reason it won't cover it all is because the money for the taxes is also taxed. Plus, that's just for federal, not state or local.

Pure curiosity: what car are you currently driving? Maybe it's worth trying the "sleep on it" rule with the Model X and after driving it for a short while, maybe, just maybe, you'll be happier keeping it.

Any money they give for tax is, I believe, ...taxable. I don't see anyway for them to get you out of a tax payment. In any case, congrats on a very nice adventure.

The way it's usually done is by doing a 'gross-up' payment that takes all the taxes, and the taxes on that (and so on).. to arrive a lump-sum payment that covers all the taxes.

See: Calculation of Gross-Up - Worked Example | Worked Examples | Tools | XpertHR.com

Years ago I won a free to Europe, biz class for two people from AMEX, plus $1000, and they grossed-up the award and sent me a check. It ended up being a pretty liberal gross-up, so I actually paid less taxes than they calculated.

But the real question is.... Will Tesla gross-up all the Next Gen Roadster referral awards? (hey, stop it!! A guy can dream, can't he??? :))