Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brought a 2017 wreck Tesla. Need help getting car to drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CED362C0-D997-45E8-B2D1-E951445650AA.jpeg
CED362C0-D997-45E8-B2D1-E951445650AA.jpeg
Hello everyone I am new to this forum hope to get some help from you guys. I bought a wreck 2017 model S recently being trying to get it to drive but it won’t move. Could it be because I haven’t replaced the radiator or could it be because I haven’t replaced the airbag where any of this parts affect the car not to move? The attach images are the errors showing on the car now.

Reactions: Donz_S
Oh boy. I hope you have extensive knowledge in electrical engineering and computer systems in addition to being a body repair man. From the sound of it looks like you’re in over your head.

Having said this there is a salvage support thread. I’ll try to dig it up

• Informative
Reactions: jlv1
Hello everyone I am new to this forum hope to get some help from you guys. I bought a wreck 2017 model S recently being trying to get it to drive but it won’t move. Could it be because I haven’t replaced the radiator or could it be because I haven’t replaced the airbag where any of this parts affect the car not to move? The attach images are the errors showing on the car now.

lol

Let us know how and what you do. Many people are too afraid, and will forever be, but you can inspire others like you that have more fortitude. Good luck on your project! You could become a future forum expert...
I will definitely keep records, pictures, and video of everything. So far everything about Tesla is really simple once you figure it out. And used parts are cheap. I will share with everyone who is helpful doing my project (so far not rich rebuilds) and where I buy all my used parts for cheap.

• Helpful
Reactions: Langhorne
I think a lot of people have this notion that @Btr_ftw is a guru who is able to help every poor sap who buys a tesla salvage with 0 background. He has the YT channel that draws the general crowd, but there are plenty of other knowledgeable and skilled folks on here who repair and drive salvage Teslas, Rich just made an entertainment outlet of the process. Likely he's drowning in PMs from people just like you who aren't even on this forum. I don't fault him one bit for flat out not responding to any of these threads or PMs, its just too much to handle

Reactions: dennisvab
I think a lot of people have this notion that @Btr_ftw is a guru who is able to help every poor sap who buys a tesla salvage with 0 background. He has the YT channel that draws the general crowd, but there are plenty of other knowledgeable and skilled folks on here who repair and drive salvage Teslas, Rich just made an entertainment outlet of the process. Likely he's drowning in PMs from people just like you who aren't even on this forum. I don't fault him one bit for flat out not responding to any of these threads or PMs, its just too much to handle
That Makes sense, we all can help each other. I would love to help someone if i can.